When you enter a restaurant you expect good food, ambiance, and service. When all the three are met and you feel satisfied. This is exactly what happens to me…usually. But this weekend, my hubby surprised me with his find. I didn’t know where we were heading. At a point, I told him, “I think we took a wrong turn it looks like someone’s home”, he smiled and said it will feel like home. The interiors of this restaurant are so tastefully done – there is style, a bit of quirkiness and sophistication at the same time. Comptoir102’s healthy cafe brings sustainable and nutritious food to its guests, in harmony with its interior space.
At a point, I wished it was winter, just to soak in some sun rays in the partially shaded outdoor seating arrangement. I love the ease (and the relaxed) and laid back attitude/vibe. Not that the service was slow.
One thing that struck me is the use of natural light. Food was served in enamelware and they looked beautiful. Coming to the food, I just have one word – Sheer Honesty and an abused word my most restaurant reviewers in town – ‘Healthy’. The menu is not elaborate but very efficient. There is something for everyone. The breakfast menu is good. They have vegan and organic options.
I was curious about the seaweed pesto so I ordered it and believe me you will love it too if you savor healthy simple food. The pesto which had a lovely tang was laid over a chunky and the creamiest guacamole. Sprouts added the perfect crunch. For dessert, we ordered a vegan raspberry coconut cream tart. I wished it was sweeter but I am kind of happy that it’s not. It would be guilt free dessert session. My hubby was not hungry so he just ordered a matcha green tea and was pretty happy with it. And my son didn’t mind sipping my good morning smoothie. Spend the morning reading a book in peace and eat your breakfast or brunch which will be healthy no matter what.
They do have a retail section from you can buy crockery, tea, jewelry, organic food stuff, etc., We almost spent close to an hour there and my son had absolutely no complaints. I guess he felt at home!!
I believe a place which inspires leaves a lasting impression. Since we loved the food and the time spent in Comptoir.102, I wanted to refresh those memories and recreate something that reminded me of that place and time. A few days ago while grocery shopping I came across a box of organic raspberries. All I could think was recreating the raspberry tart we had in Comptoir.
Give it a try if you love healthy desserts. And do visit this amazing place to spend your weekend morning.
Raspberry Swirl Coconut Cream Tart
Preparation Time: 30 Mins
Chilling time 3-4 hours
Yield: serves 2
Raspberry 15 (100 approx.)
Date Syrup 3 tbsp
Orange juice or water ¼ cup
Walnuts 100 g
Coconut oil 3 tbsp
Desiccated coconut 1 ½ tbsp.
Dates 10-12 (pitted)
Coconut Cream 350 g
Coconut Oil 6 tsp
Date syrup 2 tbsp
- Place all the ingredients required to make the sauce in a pan and let it cook for 1-2 minutes
- Let it cool then blend it into a puree and sieve. Set this aside.
- Blitz all the ingredients required for the base in a processor
- When pressed between fingers they much stick together and form a ball
- Spoon out the mixture into lined tart and greased molds
- Press evenly to form the tart shells
- Place them in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- For the filling: Whip the coconut cream with date syrup and coconut oil Divide evenly into the tart shells
- With a spoon or syringe place the raspberry sauce over the whipped cream in a random way.
- Use a toothpick to create the swirls.
- Chill for 3-4 hours before serving
- They can be stored for a couple of days in the freezer.