This dish is an inevitable but the best choice whenever I have leftover pumpkin which is not sufficient for a curry or a main dish. The best part is I pre-cook the pumpkin and use it the next day or the day after. So, it just takes 15 min to prepare. The velvety texture of this soup will surprise you. It’s just awesome!!
Easy pumpkin soup in coconut milk
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Pumpkin – 2 cups cubed
Onion – 1
Garlic – 2 cloves
Coconut milk – 2 tbsp in 1 cup water or ½ can of light coconut milk
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Pepper – ¼ tsp
Vegetable stock – ½ cube dissolved in 1 ½ cups of water
- In a sauce pan heat oil, add garlic and an onion.
- Cook, them till soft and fragrant.
- Add the pre-cooked pumpkin cubes and keep cooking for 2-3 mins, then add stock and let it reduce
- Blend everything and return the pureed liquid into the pan with coconut milk
- Let the soup thicken to your desired consistency
- I wait till huge bubbles start to appear
- Add pepper and instead of croutons, I added pan roasted pumpkin seeds. They are nutritious and of course, gluten-free.
Pumpkin can be pre-cooked either in oven or a pan
I had grilled them with a lot of other vegetables previously and store it in an airtight container.