Coconut cream is such an excellent base for ice creams. A healthy alternative for no-churn homemade ice creams. Here is a super easy coconut-based ice cream recipe: Raspberry & Coconut ice cream
I see people use bananas as a base and I did try but never much liked it. Yogurt is another excellent option. The best part about coconut cream is that the water separates leaving the thick cream on top when the can is kept overnight in the refrigerator. You can use coconut water later for something else.
The only cooking is of the berries to remove the water and make them soft enough for the puree. And to be honest when you know the fruits are a couple of days old and won’t last long even in the lunchbox. It’s best to cook and puree them.
Raspberry Coconut ice cream
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 – 20 minutes
Raspberries 170 gms
Cherry 20 (pitted)
Coconut cream 600 gms (1 and a half cans)
Date syrup 120 ml
- Cook the raspberries and cherries with date syrup till they turn soft and all the water has evaporated. Blend or pass it through a sieve.
- Mix whipped coconut cream with pureed fruit.
- You can either pour into molds and enjoy or just place in a loaf tin and cover with cling film.
- At the time of serving, keep it out of the freezer for a few minutes.
- Scoop out the ice cream, drizzle some coconut cream and sprinkle crushed pistachios.
Check out the strawberry coconut ice cream recipe, which follows a similar method.