Well, with some leftover champagne after the new year celebrations, all I was dreaming was floats. Raspberry sorbet adds the perfect sweetness and tartness to this cocktail. I wanted the gorgeous shade of pink, and it looks incredible on your cocktail table. If you feel lazy, you may skip the dessert and serve these to your guests (just between you and me). Pile up scoops of sorbet in a tall glass or one big helping in a serving glass and pour champagne before serving. It adds a lot of drama.
You can play with different fruits and colors. Pineapple, peach, mixed berries, etc., work pretty well too.
Just a handful of pantry essentials to get this deliciously fruity cocktail ready. The best part is that you can prepare the sorbet in less than 5 minutes.
So here it is, the world’s most leisurely dessert/ cocktail. Let the celebrations continue.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Freezing time: 24 hours
- Raspberries 300 gms
- Honey 120 ml
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- Champagne depends on you.
- Freeze the raspberries overnight on a lined baking tray.
- Place them in a blender with the juice, zest, and honey. Blend to get a uniform texture. Add a little water if needed. You get a silky smooth texture.
- You can leave it in the freezer covered in cling wrap.
- Place scoops of the sorbet in the serving glasses and pour champagne just before serving.